The related family feature is available to all foundry partners who have signed the latest agreement. Log in to Foundry Platform to view your agreement, sign the latest agreement, or sign up to work with Monotype.
About Related Families
Related families are families from your foundry that are all part of the same typeface design system. Adding related family tags helps customers find additional fonts and increases your foundry's visibility and are more appealing to customers when there are many variations of the font family.
Potential customers can discover related families to popular typefaces which will improve their discovery experience and are more likely to purchase fonts from multiple families if they know how versatile the related family collection is.
Example: PF Bague families are considered related families.
Requirements for related families.
🖋️ Sign the latest agreement.
- Log in to Foundry Platform to view your agreement, sign the latest agreement, or sign up to work with Monotype.
👯♂️ Minimum two (2) active released font families.
- Related families must be associated with the same foundry.
✅ Google Chrome browser.
- This feature works best in Google Chrome browser. Enhancements for other browsers will be released soon.
How to add related families.
- In the Foundry Platform, select Submissions from the main menu.
- Select a family in Released Families.
- Click Edit Submission.
- Scroll to "Add description."
- Enter family name in "Add Related Families" text field.
- Add suggested related family options.
- Review applied related family tags. Click "x" to remove unwanted tags.
- Click Submit
Related families demo.