Thank you for considering Monotype to distribute your fonts! Monotype has been a leading global provider of type, technology and expertise for more than 125 years. We are continuously releasing new fonts to our online store, MyFonts.com. You can sell your fonts under your foundry name for non-exclusive distribution at these websites.
- Please create log in to Fontplatform.monotype.com to submit your application. You may need to create a new account, or you can log in using your MyFonts or Monotype Fonts account.
- Please read our article how to avoid rejection to ensure you have the greatest chance of success with your application.
⚠️ Some important information before you begin:
- By working with us, you're applying to distribute your fonts under your own foundry brand through our e-commerce website (MyFonts) and also through our offline sales teams. Read more about this agreement.
- As a US-based company, we follow US export laws. Therefore, we can’t transact with certain countries. We are unable to transact with folks in Russia, Belarus, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Cuba, and the Crimea Region of Ukraine. If you are located in any of these countries, unfortunately we will not be able to accept your application.
Please prepare the following items:
- Foundry name. Please read our article about foundry naming. Please make sure to use the same spelling, spacing and capitalization everywhere you write your foundry name.
- Foundry description. This must be in English and should be about your business. Read more about writing a foundry description.
- Designer bio. This must be in English and be about the person who designs the fonts in your foundry.
Once your foundry application is accepted, then you'll be able to submit your first fonts for review. For this, you'll need:
- Font family name. Please read our article about font naming and check your font name to ensure it can be accepted.
- Finalized font files (double check before submitting!) in OTF or TTF format. You may submit only one file type.
- At least five images sized at 2000x1000 pixels in PNG format. For some good examples, just check out the images on our Hot New Fonts page!
- A description about your font family in English. Check out our tips for writing a great description.
- Tags about your font family.
- Prices in USD. You can also add other currencies too!
- Sign your agreement with your full legal name (first and last name).
- Double check your foundry name. We will not accept foundries whose names are too similar to other existing foundries or trademarked names.
- We do not sell fonts that are offered for free elsewhere. We also do not list entirely free font families on our sites. You can sell a family that contains a few free styles to entice customers. Read more about our policies on free fonts.
- If your font is sold elsewhere, the pricing on our sites must be the same or less.
- Read this article for detailed instructions about submitting new fonts.
- All fonts submitted to Monotype are reviewed to ensure quality and to prevent issues for customers. See Common Reasons for Font Rejection to learn more and increase your chances of being accepted!