Monotype Font Platform is a tool where you can submit a new font family to MyFonts and manage existing font families.
To access Monotype Font Platform, please log in using your MyFonts account credentials at: https://fontplatform.monotype.com/
There are two sections in Monotype Font Platform: Released families and Submissions in progress.
- Your existing families on MyFonts are located in Released families.
- Any new submissions that are waiting for review, sent back to you for corrections, or are rejected are located in Submissions in progress.
✅ You can now update font files!
You can now update font files in existing font families in Monotype Font Platform! Read more about this here.
Open the overview page
To edit an existing font family, simply click the row in the Released families section to open the overview page for the family. You’ll see a message history if there is one between you and foundry support. Below this you’ll see your family details. Click “read more” to expand the submission preview.
Editing older families that have multiple file types
In the top right corner of the family details modal, you’ll see a button indicating file type (like OTF or TTF). Today, we only sell one file type on MyFonts per family in order to create the best customer experience. In the past, you may have sold multiple different file types in your family. If this is the case, editing your family details will bring your family up to date to meet the current MyFonts specification.
The first time you go in to edit a family with multiple file types, you will see a drop down on this button where you can select the file type you’d like to sell. The family preview will populate with those files. Once you pick which file type you’d like to sell (we recommend OTF!) then you can click “Edit submission” at the bottom, which will take you to the family editor. If you’re editing an older font uploaded before Monotype Font Platform existed, you may be required to fill in some missing information.
By clicking Submit after making changes to your family, it will be saved and any products not in your submission will be deactivated. The next time you edit your submission, you won’t see this button!
Edit the existing family details
Once you’re on the overview page, click “Edit submission” to open the family editor. It’s very similar to the way you set up brand new families. Here are step by step instructions:
Step 1: Family Details and Font Files
As mentioned above, you’re not able to upload font files here yet. However, this section will show you basic information about your font family and the fonts inside this family.
- Change family name or style names. If you make changes to the family name or style names here, the URLs will stay the same.
- You may see warnings from our font validator. You can see all tests run by our validator by clicking “Show font test results”. These tests were designed to prevent future customer issues and thus refunds of your font orders, and to ensure that fonts on MyFonts are held to a consistent quality standard. For new font submissions, some errors will prevent fonts from being submitted to the foundry support team. Errors on fonts uploaded prior to Monotype Font Platform will not prevent the fonts from being submitted during edit. We highly recommend using these warnings as helpful feedback and making improvements to your fonts if necessary.
- Adjust the style order by using the two arrows to the left of each style name to drag-and-drop your styles in the correct order.
- Add or change designers. If you are unable to find the designer in the list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can create the designer listing for you so you can add it to your submission.
- Change the default display style that will represent the family. This is the font style that will appear in the title of your family page and in search results and list pages like Hot New Fonts, What’s New, and Bestsellers. We generally recommend you select the Regular weight, or any weight that serves as the best example of the family that customers will see first.
Step 2: Prices & Family Packs
This section will show the prices your family is currently sold for. Please keep in mind our 45 day pricing rule: You must wait 45 days after a price change before changing the prices again. Once you change prices, you must wait 45 days before starting a promotion on your family. After the promotion ends, you must wait 45 days before changing your prices again.
- Prices are required to be in USD, both for each style and your complete family pack (if applicable).
- This price will be converted to other currencies automatically based on the USD price, and you can see them in the preview section. They will update automatically with any major currency fluctuations.
- If you would like to overwrite this conversion to a fixed price, feel free to do so by typing in the boxes corresponding to each currency.
- For families with multiple styles, you can apply the same price across styles. Simply click the arrow icon that appears next to your price in the first style.
- For families with multiple styles, you can create up to three sub family packs. Simply name your family pack, select the fonts you wish to be in the sub-family pack, and add a price.
Step 3: Description, Tags, & Category
Use this section to edit your description, tags, and font category.
- Edit or add the description that will appear on your font family page. Great font descriptions inspire customers to buy and use your fonts. We recommend keeping your descriptions to less than 500 words. Think about the keywords used in the description, which will be analyzed by search engines to rank and display typefaces to customers. Take time to ensure your description is written thoughtfully and completely. Consider including information about the inspiration behind the design of the font, included features such as OpenType features and alternates, and what makes this font unique in the category.
- Select or change the category that best describes your family from the list provided.
- Add or delete tags for your family. You can copy and paste in a list of tags separated by commas, or type in and select existing tags from the drop-down.
Step 4: Images
Use this section to edit images. Images are very important for merchandising fonts! Images appear in a carousel at the top of your font family page, on pages like “What’s New”, and in search results.
- Upload new images. Your files must match this criteria in order to be accepted:
- Size: 1440 x 720 pixels
- File type: PNG
- We will not accept images containing racist, sexist, religious, or political content. Please also refrain from using expletives.
- Do not display prices on images.
- Do not display discounts on images.
- Delete images by clicking the white x in the bottom right corner of each image. Reorder images by clicking and dragging them in the desired order.
- For brand new font family submissions, we require at least 5 images. If you’re editing the submission of an older family submitted prior to Monotype Font Platform that doesn’t have enough images, don’t worry. You can still submit your family edits without having to add more images. However, we highly recommend adding images to each family page on MyFonts as we know good images improve sales and make your fonts more appealing to customers.