Monotype Font Platform is a tool where you can submit a new font family to MyFonts.
To access Monotype Font Platform, please log in using your MyFonts account credentials at: https://fontplatform.monotype.com/
⚠️ First: check to see which foundry you're submitting in.
If you have multiple foundries on MyFonts, please check the top right corner before starting a submission to ensure you are uploading fonts into the correct foundry. To change foundries, simply click the drop down arrow next to the foundry name, and click the name of the foundry in which you want to upload a new font family. Use the radio buttons to select a default or primary foundry that will automatically appear when you log in, in the future.
✅ All changes are automatically saved!
All changes are saved automatically while you’re creating your submission! If you have to close the page, you can always continue your submission later by opening the in-progress submission in your dashboard.
💭 A note about font families
Think about a submission in Monotype Font Platform like this: 1 submission = 1 family page on MyFonts. Your submission can contain files set up or style-linked as different 'font families' so they appear in customer's font menus however you would like.
Let’s get started!
Click the “Submit a new font” button to begin your submission.
Step 1: Upload one font family
- Drag and drop your font files in the importer. Our system will check the files for technical issues. We will check each individual font file, as well as how they interact with each other as a family. To avoid rejection, please follow this criteria:
- Limit your individual file sizes to less than 3MB.
- Do not add zip files. We only accept files in OTF or TTF format, not both.
- We recommend reviewing the MyFonts Recommended Character Set. If your font does not meet the MyFonts character set, it may be rejected.
- Next, you will be shown any errors that our system has found in your fonts. You can see all tests run by our validator by clicking “Show font test results”. These tests were designed to prevent future customer issues and thus refunds of your font orders, and to ensure that fonts on MyFonts are held to a consistent quality standard.
- Yellow warnings will not prevent the font from being submitted.
- Red errors will prevent the font from being submitted.
- Review your font name and style names.
- For fonts that contain multiple weights with traditional naming, we require that fonts are displayed from lightest weight to heaviest weight. Use the two arrows to the left of each style name to drag-and-drop your styles in the correct order.
- Add designers names. If you are unable to find the designer in the list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can create the designer listing for you so you can add it to your submission.
- Select a default display style that will represent the family. This is the font style that will appear in the title of your family page and in search results and list pages like Hot New Fonts, What’s New, and Bestsellers. We generally recommend you select the Regular weight, or any weight that serves as the best example that customers will see first.
Step 2: Define prices
- Prices are required to be in USD, both for each style and your complete family pack (if applicable).
- This price will be converted to other currencies automatically based on the USD price, and you can see them in the preview section. They will update automatically with any major currency fluctuations.
- If you would like to overwrite this conversion to a fixed price, feel free to do so by typing in the boxes corresponding to each currency.
- For families with multiple styles, you can apply the same price across styles. Simply click the arrow icon that appears next to your price in the first style.
- For families with multiple styles, you can create up to three sub family packs. Simply name your family pack, select the fonts you wish to be in the sub-family pack, and add a price.
Step 3: Add descriptions
- Add a description that will appear on your font family page. Great font descriptions inspire customers to buy and use your fonts. We recommend keeping your descriptions to less than 500 words. Think about the keywords used in the description, which will be analyzed by search engines to rank and display typefaces to customers. Take time to ensure your description is written thoughtfully and completely. Consider including information about the inspiration behind the design of the font, included features such as OpenType features and alternates, and what makes this font unique in the category.
- Select a category that best describes your family from the list provided.
- Add tags for your family. You can copy and paste in a list of tags separated by commas, or type in and select existing tags from the drop down.
Step 4: Upload your images
- Use images to show off your font family. Images appear in a carousel at the top of your font family page, on pages like “What’s New”, and in search results. Your files must match this criteria in order to be accepted:
- Quantity: 5 - 15 images
- Size: 1440 x 720 pixels
- File type: PNG
- We will not accept images containing racist, sexist, religous, or political content. Please also refrain from using expletives.
- Do not display prices on images.
- Do not display discounts on images.
- Delete images by clicking the white x in the bottom right corner of each image. Reorder images by clicking and dragging them in the desired order.
- Click “Generate Preview” to see your submission recap. Double check before submitting. You will not be able to go back and edit once it has been submitted!
- The Foundry Support team will review your submission within 24 hours of the next business day. They will either approve your submission to go live, send your submission back to you with questions or a request to make changes, or your font will be rejected.
- Leave a note for the foundry support staff and we’d be happy to help you.
- You can schedule your font family to be released as soon as possible or select a date on the calendar.
- Click submit and you’re done! 🎉