You can set up limited-time promotions (aka discounts) for your fonts on MyFonts. There is no cost to set up a promotion. Promotions on new fonts can only be set up once font installations are approved by a foundry support member in Monotype Font Platform. Promotions can last a maximum of 45 days. Once the promotion ends, you must wait 45 days before changing prices or creating another promotion.
Types of Promotions
- Discount on entire family (all singles and packs)
- Discount on family pack and sub-family packs
- Discount on family pack only
- Discount on single styles only
- Free font styles
- “Secret Code” Promotion. Create your own discount code to share. Read more about Secret Codes here.
Set Up a Promotion
- Log in with your foundry account on MyFonts.com
- Visit this page: https://stage.myfonts.com/secure/members/admin/editpromotions/
- When a pop-up appears asking for login credentials, use the following:
- Click “New Promotion”.
- Add a promotion name describing your sale. Please include the discount percent.
- Select your foundry name.
- Select your promotion type - discount or free fonts.
- Click “Continue”.
- Add a start date and an end date (maximum of 45 days).
- Add an 1440x720 pixel image in PNG format.
- Add the discount percent.
- Select package level. The boxes checked by default will put the entire family on sale. Do not check value packs.
- Checking the box for “ALL [Foundry Name] font packages in above categories” will put every family in your entire foundry on sale.
- Select “Font Families” in the Font Chooser.
- Type your family name in the search field that appears, then check the box for the family you want to put on sale. It will appear in the “Current Contents” section once selected. You can add multiple families to the same promotion.
- Click “Preview and Activate” button at the top of the page. (The preview does not work - you will see a blank page.)
- Click “Activate Promo” to submit.
- Your promotion will be reviewed by a foundry support staff member within 2 business days. If there is an issue, you will receive an email from email@example.com.
For more information about discounts on MyFonts, please read "Discounts".