One of the promotion types on MyFonts is “Secret Codes”, or EGC (electronic gift code). This is where you create an alpha-numeric code that you share with users, who then use it at checkout to get fonts for free or at a discount.
Can I run a regular promotion/discount at the same time as a secret code?
No, you cannot run a secret code at the same time as a regular discount.
How long can secret codes run for?
While public discounts can last a maximum of 45 days, Secret Codes can last for longer than 45 days.
Are there any restrictions for the text of a Secret Code?
Secret codes are case sensitive and must be longer than 6 characters. We recommend keeping them shorter than 12 characters in order to be easy for customers to use.
How do I edit an existing Secret Code?
Set up a Secret Code
- While setting up a regular discount, click “yes” in the “Require Secret Codes?” section and then click “edit codes”
- Select the box for “Type a new code” and add your code there.
- Do not add a specific user.
- In “Applicable” select “Always”. This ensures the code will work and prevents customer support issues.
- Add an expiration date, if desired.
- Click “Create new EGC”.
- You can close this page (It has been saved) and return to the promotion to finish adding the remaining information in the New Promotion Setup, like discount, image, and family selection.
- Once a secret code is set up, you can edit the duration of the promotion to be longer than 45 days.